Friday, May 1, 2009
Daguerrotype Response
I was really excited when I found out we had the opportunity to make Daguerreotypes because I've always admired their detail and unique image quality. When the day came, the amount of steps involved was very surprising. I tried to do everything exactly how we were told so I could create a successful image, I even consulted with Takashi about my polishing before moving on to the next step. After the plate was prepared, if we wanted to be in the image, we had to stay as still as possible for 2-3 minutes, which is harder than it sounds. Of course I was disappointed after very little showed up on my plate after we developed them, but it made my appreciation grow for the process and photographers who used it, especially those from the beginning of Photography's history. This is a great process that can have beautiful results and I will never forget this experience. Hopefully someday I can try again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment